I have done numerous posts on how sore my Dr Martin boots are.
I have two pairs.
The first is a standard traditional black leather boot with black laces. I love them. They were trouble from the start. I can only wear them for 20 minutes at a time before they kill me. They are thick and heavy leather which just eats the back of my heel. I had given up on them and only wore them once every six months out of guilt.
Then I got the second.
I bought the second pair because I loved the color. These are a new softer leather in burgundy. I love them. Straight away I put them on with no stress. They were a bit stiff in places but no pain at all.
So this got me thinking, surely I can break in those black ones?
I went to Dr Martin in Nottingham for their help on the matter.
The girl I spoke to, could not have been more understanding. I am guessing, in their line of work, they have seen many an ankle mishap! (I have posted pictures on this blog of the various injuries I have sustained in the line of fashionable duty - including the DM damage to my heel) She recommended Wonder Balsam and some boot socks.
I took the balm.
I've spent the past two days not only walking to and from work to break in the leather but actually doing eight hour shifts in the shoes unhurt. I've been bouncing around in them like its nothing. No stress at all! I'm so impressed by it!
I just massage it into the boot every now and again to ease the leather a bit.
I cannot recommend this enough. It's only £5 for a tin and it has meant I can wear my boots without pain. I am going to keep going with it until I break them completely. I would like two pairs of DMs for my move to Italy in a week! I cannot wait!
Although now I am eyeing the third pair....the blue and white printed DMs. I just don't know if I have a spare £120 to really go for it!



0 Yorumlar