“Macy's has diamond earrings for 58 percent off today only - Yahoo Lifestyle” plus 4 more |
- Macy's has diamond earrings for 58 percent off today only - Yahoo Lifestyle
- The Best President's Day Sales: What Vogue Editors Are Buying in 2020 - Vogue
- Nordstrom's Massive Winter Sale Is Here! Shop Must-Have Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories Under $100 - PEOPLE.com
- Vendors cash in at the Roundhouse | Legislature | New Mexico Legislative Session - Santa Fe New Mexican
- A look into the lives of two student-run jewelry businesses on campus - The Aggie
| Macy's has diamond earrings for 58 percent off today only - Yahoo Lifestyle Posted: 14 Feb 2020 12:21 PM PST
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change. Diamonds are timeless, especially a pair of diamond studs. The versatile, classic earrings can be worn everyday for every occasion, but they aren't exactly known for being affordable. Luckily, Macy's is having a massive sale on diamond earrings — and you deserve your own pair of sparkling gems. The diamond studs, which were created by the retail-giant, are a whopping 58 percent off for Valentine's Day only. The earrings come in gold, white gold and rose gold settings and in seven different sizes. With each and every carat size and setting included in the discount, there is undoubtedly a pair of studs for your specific style. During the sale, a sweet, tiny pair of 1/4 carat diamond studs costs just $264, down from $800. A set of two carat diamond studs, the biggest carat size available, will set you back a cool $7,788. But that's nothing compared to the regular retail price of $17,700. It goes without saying that diamond earrings are an investment, even when they're on sale. That's why it's important to make sure they stay securely in your ears. These particular studs come with an innovative screw-like backing that guarantees the earring post stays in your ear. Even if you lose everything, you won't lose these gems. Check out some of the options on sale below. After all, it isn't every day you can grab diamonds for less than $270. Shop: White Gold 1/4 Carat Diamond Stud Earrings, $264![]() Shop: Rose Gold 1/3 Carat Diamond Stud Earrings, $352![]() Shop: Gold 1/2 Carat Diamond Stud Earrings, $616![]() |
| The Best President's Day Sales: What Vogue Editors Are Buying in 2020 - Vogue Posted: 14 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST The best President's Day sales have already begun and Vogue editors are taking note. Now is the perfect time to upgrade our wardrobes with personal designer favorites. For Accessories Director Willow Lindley, that means a new pair of Altuzarra Serge trousers. Beauty Editor Zoe Ruffner, meanwhile, is hoping to add a few resort-ready pieces for her upcoming tropical getaway to Jamaica. If your wardrobe is also in a winter slump, President's Day offers an affordable opportunity to refresh — whether that means adding some cold-weather wear or getting a jump on spring. Below, 10 Vogue Editors share their favorite picks to help guide you through the best President's Day sales this weekend. Rickie De Sole, Executive Fashion Director, Vogue.comA classic coat that will never go out of style! Perfect for these cold late winter days. Virginia Smith, Fashion DirectorTypically, I'm not much of a dress girl but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone for this one by Brandon Maxwell. It has the ease of wearing a T-shirt which works for me. Rachel Besser, Market EditorOversized sweaters are closet staples, the only downside is that they can tend to look bulky. I love that this Proenza Schouler cardigan employs a tie at the waist to offset the thick fabric. Willow Lindley, Accessories DirectorI've been trying to collect as many Serge pants as possible from Altuzarra. They are the ultimate feel-good, long-wear pant for work. Zoe Ruffner, Beauty EditorI'm heading to Jamaica at the end of the month for a much-needed vacation and would love to bring along this printed number by Jil Sander. It's the perfect piece to slip into after a long day in the sun and the sea, especially when paired with salt-drenched lengths. Julie Tong, Commerce EditorI have an upcoming wedding in Florida this March and I've been looking for the perfect set of elegant yet statement-making earrings to complement my Proenza Schouler dress. These artful Chloe earrings are exactly what I've been looking for and its sale price makes it all the more enticing. Madeline Fass, Associate Market EditorI have a coat problem. Madeline Swanson, Accessories EditorAt this point in the season, I'm looking for transitional layering pieces that will spice up my wardrobe for the remaining winter months, but also stand their ground within my closet come spring. I have long had my eye on this wool camisole-meets-corset top, which will look fab overtop a billowy blouse and paired with one of my many mismatched plaid skirts. When spring arrives, I'll slip it over a tee or a puff-sleeve mini dress, et voilà : trans-seasonal magic! Alexandra Michler, Director, Fashion DevelopmentI was lucky enough to just snag this Prada ostrich feather skirt. I will wear with a black turtleneck to the office in chillier months, and with a silk tank and open toe slides for a cocktail party when it's warmer. Lucky me!! Lilah Ramzi, Features EditorI'm obsessed with retro-lingerie and this silken short and bra-set is the perfect on-sale indulgence. |
| Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:08 AM PST ![]() this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. |
| Posted: 14 Feb 2020 06:30 PM PST ![]() Marian Mendez-Cera traveled to the Roundhouse from Albuquerque to support a proposed bill this week but ended up spending a few bills of her own. "I came for advocacy and I'm leaving with earrings," she said about her unexpected shopping trip. While most people go to the state Capitol during a session of the Legislature to meet with lawmakers, support or oppose legislation or just to watch democracy in action, the Roundhouse is also a place to do business. A small but growing group of vendors who sell everything from shoe shines to gluten-free pastries and beef jerky to handmade, mosaic-inlaid necklaces and turquoise bolo ties are cashing in on the constant flow of people at the Capitol. There's just one little problem with their entrepreneurial spirit: Vending at the Roundhouse is supposed to be prohibited. A building policy states that the "sale of items is not allowed in any public areas of the state Capitol building or Capitol grounds." But so far, everyone is turning a blind eye. Heck, even the New Mexico Governor's Mansion Foundation has set up shop outside the office of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham to sell Christmas ornaments for $34 apiece to raise money to preserve and maintain the governor's residence in Santa Fe's north-side foothills. "I'm not sure that there's a hard-and-fast policy on that," Legislative Council Service Director Raúl Burciaga said about the prohibition on selling at the Capitol, which his office oversees. "We have allowed vendors because we try to allow some of the local people who do crafts and jewelry and the like to show their wares," he said. "The only thing we ask them is to not set up shop, for example, in the Rotunda or committee rooms or inside of any offices." Burciaga has first-hand knowledge of the unenforced policy. Vendors routinely set out their wares on a coffee table close to his office and do business from the comfort of couches. On Thursday, a handful of jewelers and pottery-makers attracted a steady stream of potential customers. A couple of vendors said they abide by a 40-minute time limit, though they said they can stay longer if there isn't any competition for the space. "We allow them to set up maybe in a public area, like a lobby area [or] in an area that doesn't interfere with the business of the Legislature," Burciaga said, adding that vendors are asked not to stay in one location for very long. "Nobody is really policing them," he added. "It's grown and we've gotten some complaints. But we also get a lot of favorable, 'It's nice to see local wares being offered,' so we just try to limit it." Mendez-Cera, who purchased earrings from vendor Daniel Ronquillo, said she appreciated that local artists are able to sell their handiwork at the Roundhouse. "It's especially important for us to be investing in a local community that is creating amazing art," she said. Mendez-Cera said she didn't plan to do any shopping when she came to Santa Fe to support a bill that would increase the state's Working Families Tax Credit. "Never crossed my mind," she said. "That's why I didn't come with cash. That's why I had to take it out" of an ATM. Mendez-Cera purchased five pairs of earrings for $20 from Ronquillo, which she called a "great deal." Ronquillo, a Santa Fe native, said he has been selling his wife's handmade beaded jewelry at the Capitol for more than two decades. "She's home making me some stuff," he said while standing behind a cart loaded with various jewelry, from baby bracelets to rosaries. "When I sell something, then I call her and she remakes it for me for the next day," he said. Ronquillo said he can make up to $500 on a really good day but averages $250. He expected business to be good on Friday because of Valentine's Day. "The sky is the limit," he said, adding that he has several pieces with hearts. Leah Berg, who sells cookies, brownies, tarts and little cakes, including gluten-free pastries, said she's been doing business at the Capitol for years. Her prices range from $4.50 to $13, though she said she makes "special" tea cookies that cost up to $24 each. Berg often sells her sweets on the corner of Palace and Washington avenues just outside the downtown Plaza, but said the Roundhouse offers protection from the elements. "It's much warmer in here in the winter and it's much quieter because of all the motorcycles and the trucks just going round and round and round and giving you a splitting headache," she said. "But business downtown is much better because of the tourists." Drhett Baca, the Capitol's building superintendent, said the small number of vendors hasn't forced the staff to enforce the policy prohibiting vending. "The few vendors that show up haven't become a problem," he said. But an influx of vendors could create an issue, Baca said. "Is it going to be a problem next year after this story?" he said. "It could be." Burciaga agreed that the state may need to be stricter with vendors if the numbers grow. "I would have to go back to the Legislative Council and see how they would like to address that or they may just charge me with doing that," he said. "If it gets to the point that it's interfering with the legislative business and traffic and whatnot, then we may have to do something." |
| A look into the lives of two student-run jewelry businesses on campus - The Aggie Posted: 14 Feb 2020 03:07 AM PST Encapsulated Co., Flower Dangles use Instagram to reach student body Some students find a hobby in art, others in sports and some even find peace through academic organizations. But while most students pay their dues to take part in these activities, others are making a profit. This is a look into the lives of two jewelry businesses on campus and a discussion with the student entrepreneurs who must strategically plan their time to make their dreams work. Encapsulated Co. In the Segundo Residence Halls, Vivian Tran, a first-year mathematics major, is setting resin to make necklaces. After Vivian sets the resin, she must wait three hours before she can create her jewelry. After she's done, Vivian takes photos of her jewelry and posts them on Instagram and Wildfire to drum up business. But after a long day at school, the process itself is more of a stress reliever than it is work. Tran's company, Encapsulated, Co., sells homemade, resin-based flower necklaces and keychains online through Instagram. Her customers choose which flower they want to press and decide whether they want glitter or gold flakes surrounding it. "It's a stress reliever, as a freshman coming here and then just adapting," Tran said. "I'll have a really stressful day with stuff going on and then I'll come home and this is my thing." Her small business only recently took off at the end of Fall Quarter. "I was scrolling through the explore page [on Instagram] and I saw those DIY videos that are little things that I always thought were fake, because I'm like, 'I could never do that,'" Tran said. "But I saw this resin one. And I was like, 'Wow, that's so cool. Can I do that?'" Her small business is an outlet for her to build a community at Davis of which she can actively be a part. "I was eating breakfast at the DC and I bumped into one of the girls that bought my necklaces and we caught up and started [becoming] friends," Tran said. "It's really nice to be able to reach out to other people." Tran invested her own money into the business and bought all of her materials on Amazon. "I was like, 'Oh my God, $100 is a lot of money to invest in something that I don't even know what's gonna happen [with],' because at that time, I had nothing," Tran said. "I had no Instagram page; I had no supporters. I was on my own. So it was kind of like, 'Should I buy books or should I buy resin material?'" Tran said although most of her materials come from Amazon, she uses real flowers to provide a connection to her customers. "It's just more authentic," Tran said. "I think the reason why people buy my products is because [they're] hand made." As her business has grown, she has found reasons to expand not only her profits but her impact as well. "I aim to try to use this to […] help other people," Tran said. "Next quarter, I'm doing a workshop for SRRC [to] teach [students] how to make this as a way to help their mental health. I think this is really de-stress[ing]. It's like painting. It's something you can work on and make it personalized to yourself. I just want to use this to be able to have conversations with people." Tran realizes that although this is just the beginning, it might not last forever. But the thought of her business not lasting through college doesn't scare her; she's happy with what she's created thus far. "I don't want this company to be all about money, because then I'm going to be so focused on trying to make new products I can sell rather than making it so I can feel happier," Tran said. "I'm really happy that I was able to do this and experience this, because I never thought I was going to have my own little business and people were actually going to buy it." Encapsulated Co.'s necklaces sell for $10, and keychains sell for $8. The products can be purchased on Instagram. Tran is currently working on putting color in her products to give customers a new style. Flower Dangles Less Acosta, a third-year design and art history double major, created her small business in October 2019 after taking a hand-building clay class a few months prior. She spent four months honing her craft of jewelry-making until she felt ready to post her products online. She said she was relieved to receive positive feedback. Using her design background, Acosta works with clay to create her products. She started out with clay earrings alone, but now she also makes necklaces, hair clips, pins and magnets. All of her products are for sale through her Instagram page or her website, which will launch soon. "I love the process of making," Acosta said via email. "I have always felt free creating things with my hands. When I'm stressed, grabbing a ball of clay and squishing it helps and making earrings back-to-back feels like a sort of mediation to me." On top of school and extracurricular activities, Acosta creates new and original designs for her jewelry on her own. Her first sale was to a friend back in October, and although her friends have been with her throughout the whole process, she emphasized her mom's support. "My mom has been my biggest supporter," Acosta said via email. "She has her own makeup and facial business, so she has been a big inspiration to me. She is always excited to see the designs I make and always wants first dibs on every style!" Flower Dangles has grown tremendously since its founding — it currently has over 900 Instagram followers. "I went to the CoHo and someone at the cash register recognized my Flower Dangles earrings," Acosta said. "They complimented them and told me they saw them online, but they didn't know I was the one that made them. It was such a great feeling realizing that someone I did not know recognized the earrings and the name of my brand." Acosta begins her process by drawing designs and experimenting with polymer clay. "I enjoy drawing them up when I have an idea and then I start experimenting with colors and sizes," Acosta said. "Clay is such a forgiving medium which makes it fun and easier to experiment! If I don't like an idea, I can just mush it back up and act like it didn't happen." Acosta plans to continue to grow her small business, hoping that one day it may serve as her sole source of income. "For now, I want to keep making and growing," Acosta said via email. "This experience has given me more confidence in my artwork and has helped me come out of my shell." Acosta said it's stressful to balance commitments as both a student and a small business owner, but school is always her top priority. "Sometimes it is difficult to manage school, work, extracurriculars and running my own business, but it always works out," Acosta said via email. "I like to keep an optimistic mind or else I feel stuck." With plenty of orders coming in, it can be hard to balance Flower Dangles and school work, but so far, Acosta has never left a customer disappointed. "I wanted to buy something from them because the designs are unique and so adorable," said Kyra Liu, a second-year neurology, physiology and behavior major via email. "I have bought three pairs of earrings from them: flower, turtle, and shells. I had to buy the flower design because they are their classic pair. Every time I wear them, I get so many compliments." Acosta said her company has grown because of her support system. Every time she gets an order, Acosta has a message for her buyers: "These accessories are more than objects, they are all individually handmade with love and are one of a kind." Flower Dangles earrings sell for $10, necklaces and hair clips sell for $8 and pins and magnets sell for $5. Shipping costs $3 and is only available in the U.S. Customers can order through Instagram, and Acosta takes custom orders. A new batch of accessories will be available in early March. Written by: Itzelth Gamboa — arts@theaggie.org |
| You are subscribed to email updates from "earrings sale" - Google News. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |









.jpg)

.jpg)



0 Yorumlar